Soy Sauce Overdose: 19-year-old boy sent to coma after drinking a quart of soy sauce

Satisfying his friends' dare, a 19 years old boy succumbed to coma due to soy sauce overdose, after drinking a quart.
SOY-SAUCE-OVERDOSE-large570
The you boy had seizures and twitching, prompting his friends to bring him to an emergency medical service.

The boy under soy sauce overdose was taken to the University of Virginia Medical Center. He was not responding to stimuli given to him and he had some clonus or "rhythmic, muscular contractions and relaxations".

His state is a case of having too much salt in the bloodstream. It is called hypernatremia; The brain loses water and move out of the body tissues. The absence of water in the brain makes the organ shrink and bleed, said Dr. David J. Carlberg, an emergency medicine physician at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, D.C.

Read Related Posts:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :